On this link you can download the instructions Instalation heating film
- Infrared heating film ENERPIA DAEWOO according to your needs;
- Insulation sheets with thickness over 5 mm;
- Dampproofing bitumen based insulation tape;
- Electrical flexible cable;
- Connecting clamps (compressor terminals) – used for connecting cables with heating film;
- Scotch tape;
- Thermostat with power supply 120-240V AC;
Preparation for installation:
- Measure the area of the room and make a scheme of how the infrared film will be put on the floor.
- Prepare all necessary materials.
- Check the floor. Make sure the floor is flat, has no sharp spikes and other similar things, which can hurt the film.
- If the floor is wet, the installation can be done after treatment for waterproofing. You must ensure that there are no traces of moisture on the floor.
- It is preferable to use the services of a specialist for large spaces, especially for electrical work.
You can easily install film heating system in a regular room following the instructions:
SCHEME OF THE ROOM
- measure the area of the room and make a scheme of how the heating film will be put on the floor
- show on the scheme placement of furniture
- leave 10 cm between walls and heating film
- Measure and cut the required insulation and then fix it on the floor with scotch tape.
- You might also insulate the intervals between the sheets with the same material.
Laying of infrared heating film
- Cut heating film with a knife or scissors by the dashed line.
- Lay heating film on the insulated floor. Do not overlap the film sheets. Leave an interval of 1-2cm between them. The interval to the walls must be at least 10cm.
- Fix the edges of the film with scotch tape for fixation.
Connecting compressor terminals with stranded conductor cables
- Separate the copper strip from silver strip in order that you could insert one of the edges of the terminal.
- Fix properly the terminal onto copper-silver strip, so that one of its edges is put on the top of the strip and the one is inserted inside between the two layers of the strip (silver and copper).
- Press it firmly with pliers. This should be done with two diagonal applications.
- Connect terminals with stranded conductor cables. If it is not fixed properly it may occur contact resistance, so be careful. During the connection of each part of the heating film, check the resistance. All the measurements should be mentioned in the Warranty Card by electrician.
- Insulate connections of stranded conductor cables with terminals with the help of bitumen based insulation tape. Then fix the cables with the help of scotch tape. Piece of insulation tape should be at least 40mmx50mm. Leave at least 5mm between the end of the terminal and the end of the insulation tape piece.
- Insulate all exposed sides of the copper strip.
- Connect heating film with stranded conductor cables in parallel.
Attaching the temperature sensor.
- Put the temperature sensor (thermo sensor) on the bottom of the strapping. Fix it with scotch tape.
- Below the sensor cut a slot into insulation.
- Put a sensor insulated with bitumen based insulation tape in the slot in order to not get bumps.
1. Install the thermostat using manufacturer’s instructions. 2. Check the measurement of the total resistance.
Attention! Resistance measurements were made with power off!
3. Check the electrical current of the heating system.
If you have an existing electric contact and you will use it to connect to the power line, you should consider that the maximum power capacity is 15A. If the installed load exceeds the thermostat controller power rating, you should use a contactor. All the measurements should be mentioned in the Warranty Card by electrician. Connecting with the power line: 1. The power line should be in line and not be tangled. 2. Use different color wires for both “L” and “N” in order to be able to trace and repair the problem if one occurs. 3. Use conduit and wire mold to prevent leakage and moisture. 4. Use the required thickness of the wire according to the capacity being installed. Laying of vapour barrier 1. Roll out the vapour barrier, cut the necessary length, lay it on the heating film. 2. Fix vapour barrier with scotch tape. Cover only heated areas. The next step is putting of floor covering- laminate, parquet or any wooden flooring.